Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Madonna's "Rebel Heart" Track Reviews: Body Shop


I posted Madonna's Body Shop as Song of the Day on Saturday and found out that some of my fellow Madge fans aren't so crazy about it.  I guess as far as Madonna songs go, the subject matter and lyrics are kind of...well, different...maybe even a little silly.  Well that's nothing new for this singer, who's penned and performed such inane classics as I Love New York, Spanish Lesson and maybe even Jimmy Jimmy.  I admit I liked those songs, despite their, to some, silliness, but that's just Madonna being silly, which is exactly what you get with this one.

What I love most about this song is the accompaniment of the Indian sitar to go along with the lyrics. Madonna's always employed international flavors to her music and I love the sound of the sitar. What makes this one stand out is the combination of this sound with lyrics about...automotive things.

You can polish the headlight
You can smooth out the fender
You can start the ignition
We can go on a bender

Okay, so just typing those words out made me see how absurd the words may sound, but what can I say, it's still catchy and appealing.  I'm pretty sure it won't make any sort of chart appearance, and it'll probably be skipped on many a Rebel Heart listen, but not on mine.  Check it out for yourself.... 




Check out my other Rebel Heart track reviews, so far...

The First Six Tracks

Hold Tight

Joan of Arc

Iconic

No comments:

Post a Comment