Monday, February 23, 2015

Madonna's "Rebel Heart" Track Reviews: Joan of Arc


Track #8 off of the new Rebel Heart album is a ballad where Ms. M reveals her most vulnerable side. It seems so far from what I've heard off the album, both released and unreleased stuff, this whole album is a self-reflection of Madonna's life and some of the conclusions she's come to at this point in her career. It's something we really haven't seen from the singer, at least not on this level.  

I don't want to talk about it right now
Just hold me while I cry my eyes out
I'm not Joan of Arc, not yet
But I'm in the dark, yeah
I can't be a superhero right now
Even hearts made out of steel can break down  

I said earlier that so far this latest 'reinvention,' or better yet, incarnation, of Madonna is the most refreshing we've seen since Confessions on a Dance Floor.  As we saw with MDNA, though, radio stations have become less and less likely to play her unfortunately, because from the sounds of what I've heard, Rebel Heart is a winner.  And even though I don't generally like ballads, I've got to say I'm really liking this one.  Take a listen for yourself...




Be sure to check out my thoughts on the other tracks of Rebel Heart, so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment