Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Black History Month Song of the Day - Running Back to You - Vanessa Williams


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd be resuscitating Black History Month tunes in celebration of all of the great music that African Americans have contributed to the American Pop Music catalog, and it's about time that I began.  For the next few weeks I'll be posting some of my favorite tunes from black artists past and present.  I won't be doing it every day like I did last year, but you definitely wuill be noticing an assuredly R&B/soul/dance flavor on John's Music World and we begin with Ms. Vanessa Williams, who had a short, but successful music career in between Miss America and Ugly Betty.  This dancey one was off of her sophomore set, The Comfort Zone, and it's still sooo good... 


No comments:

Post a Comment