Saturday, February 7, 2015

Song of the Day - Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliot, with Nelly Furtado


Honestly, sometimes I have no idea how the music industry works...

Ever since Missy Elliot's nice guest spot at Katy Perry's Super Bowl Halftime Show on Sunday, I've been wanting to post one of Missy's videos, and I knew exactly the one I wanted to post, this remix of Get Ur Freak On featuring a very young Nelly Furtado.  I vividly remember being wowed by this version of the smash hit single off her 2001 Miss E...So Addictive album.  At the time, Nelly Furtado was brand spanking new and her vocals on this track were slamming and added a whole new dimension to the song.   

I remember a video, different from the original Furtado-less version.  It took place on a city street at night, and like many of Missy's videos, featured a lot of stuff going on, including young Nelly doing her thing.  After a long fruitless search for that video, I had to be satisfied, unfortunately, with this audio-only version.  Now, I do own the MP3 of the song, but even that took me a long time to find, and the apparent disappearance of the video from the Internet leaves me scratching my head.  I'm sure it's some sort of legal issue, of course, which is so frustrating because I am sure many more people would click play if they had the visual to go with the audio.  Anyway, for what it's worth, check out Get Ur Freak On with Nelly Furtado.  It is worth a listen...


No comments:

Post a Comment