Thursday, February 5, 2015

Song of the Day - I Lived - One Republic

Cystic fibrosis is a disease that attacks the digestive system and slowly shuts down the lungs. I've been doing my treatments every day of my life, so to me, it’s just one of those things that’s normal. My name is Bryan Warnecke and I've been living with cystic fibrosis for fifteen years. . . . When I first found out the life expectancy for the first time, it really scared me. Right now, it's about thirty-six. It’s just one of those things that really makes you appreciate life. It makes me appreciate where you are, as a person. I want to make the most out of my life and have as much fun as I possibly can and my biggest fear is not being able to do that.



I've been waiting to post this very special song by a pretty special band for awhile now, and being that I heard it several times yesterday at odd moments of the day, I figured today is as good a day as any to do so.  The song itself is one of my favorite types of songs...one that provides inspiration to all that sing along to it and take its message to heart.  As if the song isn't powerful enough, you need to check out the video for one slamming dose of inspirational reality.

The quote above is the opening to the  I Lived video...and Bryan Warnecke, the speaker, is the inspiration provider in the short.  The video splices through Bryan's life, interspersing scenes from his own personal history, his childhood and his struggles, with his life today,,.one that seems fuller than anyone's I know.  

Rather than tell you all about it, I invite you to click play below and be prepared for some tears and surely some inspiration.  It is people like Bryan, and Ryan Tedder, who brings his song to life with Bryan's story, that make me believe that none of my problems mean anything, really, and make me want to drag myself out of the mundane and live...  










YouTube


Bryan's Twitter...go follow him!

No comments:

Post a Comment