Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Song of the Day - The World Should Revolve Around Me - Little Jackie


Oh there is so much great music out there that so many never get to hear, and that's part of the reason I'm here.  A couple of years ago, a friend of mine named Rebecca turned me on to Little Jackie, a duo consisting of singer Imani Coppoloa and instrumentalist Adam Pallin.  You may remember Coppola, a Long Island native who had a hit in 1997 with Legend of a Cowgirl (a song I cannot find anywhere!).  

I downloaded the duo's first set, 2008's The Stoop, and I absolutely loved it.  Their style of music is decidedly funky and a little bit retro, and all of the lyrics are contemporarily appropriate and catchy. Though they released another album recently, their third called Queen of Prospect Park, I cannot locate any of those songs on YouTube or elsewhere, though the songs are equally good.  So I am settling for one of my favorites off The Stoop, a totally appropriate ode to today's 'me' generation. Check out The World Should Revolve Around Me...


No comments:

Post a Comment