Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Song of the Day - More Than a Miracle - MNEK

If the mountains could be moved for you
And the ocean could be split right through
It still wouldn't be enough for you
It's true, it's true, it's true


If I told you sweet nothings every day
I'd trip up on every word I say
Once I'm closer you're still miles away
I pray at night, I pray

Here's a recent discovery that's a shameful bit of mystery.  What I mean by that it's one of those songs that's got no Wikipedia entry, and so it probably isn't going to get too much attention, but it soooo deserves to!  I have no idea who MNEK is, nor anything about the origins of More Than a Miracle, but I've been listening to it practically non-stop for a few days now and I just have to share it.  The lyrics to the song are beautiful, no doubt, but what really makes if for me is the crescendo of the chorus.  The beats that go along with it hearken to some of the great freestyle beats that were so popular in the 80's and you can't help but move to it.  Like yesterday's song by Nick Jonas, there's no video available for the tune, but nonetheless it is so worth a listen, especially if you love to dance...

That shattered glass broken on the floor
Is like my hand linking into yours
To get us back to where we were before
It's gonna take more than a miracle
Baby, your touch will never be the same
Only a higher power can stop the rain
For my blood to give any more
It's gonna take more than a miracle





No comments:

Post a Comment