Monday, April 4, 2016

Song of the day - No - Meghan Trainor


All along I thought that Meghan Trainor was going to be a short-lived, one-dimensional recording artist, but she's proving me wrong with this funky new track from her upcoming sophomore album,  Thank You.  Now don't get me wrong,  I absolutely loved her when she first hit the airwaves with All About That Bass, and even her follow-up singles Dear Future Husband and Lips Are Movin'. but the former got so played out that I tired quickly of anything to do with her.   

The hit songs from her first record sort of had a country/retro feel to em, and that's where the one-dimensional thought came in, but this little ditty is nothing like it (okay, well maybe a little at the beginning).  It's got a decidedly R&B feel to it and the tune showcases the dimensions to Trainor's talented voice.  The song is a hit already, and so if you don't know it already, check it out... 



No comments:

Post a Comment