Thursday, April 21, 2016

Song of the Day - Save Tonight - Robin Schulz, featuring Solamay

I wanna close the curtains
‘Cause all we need is candlelight
You and me and a bottle of wine
To hold you tonight
Well, we know I’m going away
And I wish, I wish it weren’t so
So take this wine and drink with me
Let’s delay our misery


Save tonight, fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow, tomorrow, I’ll be gone
Save tonight, fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow, tomorrow, I’ll be gone
Tomorrow, I’ll be gone
Tomorrow, I’ll be gone

When I reviewed this track back in December, I said that it was one of the few songs off Robin Schulz' Sugar album that I often skipped.  At the time I thought it was no match for the original, which I even posted that same month.  Well, over the past few months I've learned to appreciate this new version of a classic and I'm loving it all around.   This version carries the same basic melody as the original, only a little more polished, and singer Solamay's raspy vocals give the tune a whole new, and comforting, feel.  Check out Save Tonight...




No comments:

Post a Comment