Saturday, January 30, 2016

Song of the Day - Waka Waka - Shakira

Today's your day
I feel it
You paved the way
Believe it



If you get down get up oh oh
When you get down get up eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa
This time for Africa

One of my favorite songs of all time reached a huge milestone the other day, and I mean huge. On Monday, Shakira's theme song for the 2010 World Cup, Waka Waka, reached the exclusive milestone of one billion page views on YouTube, putting the Colombian singer in company with Adele's Hello, Psy's Gangnam Style, Justin Bieber's Baby, and Wiz Khalifa's See You Again (The Citizen).  The uplifting and fun song brings me back to my Saturday nights at Splash a few years back, and so this news gets a resounding YES from me.  Check out Waka Waka... 

Tsamina mina eh eh
Waka waka eh eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa
Anawa aa





No comments:

Post a Comment