Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Song of the Day - One of These Nights - The Eagles


What's going on with all the death lately?  I tell ya, in the three short weeks since 2016 began, it seems like everyday we're hearing of some celebrity dying.  Lemmy Killmister of Motorhead (70), country singer Craig Strickland (29), Natalie Cole (65), Celine Dion's husband René Angélil (73), British character actor Alan Rickman (69), David Bowie (69), and now Eagles' singer/songwriter Glenn Frey (67).  It just goes to show you, we're all human, and we're all vulnerable to this thing called life, so as always, it's important to appreciate every moment we've got.

In remembrance of the latest passing, here's a song I wouldn't ordinarily post,  It came out in May of 1975, when I was just ten years old.  I certainly remember it from the radio way back when, but it never really was my style of music.  Anyway, I just read on ABC that this was Frey's favorite Eagles song, and thus worthy of a post.  Rest in Peace Glenn Frey, and the rest!  Here's One of These Nights...



No comments:

Post a Comment