Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Song of the Day - Alive - Sia

I was born in a thunderstorm
I grew up overnight
I played alone
I'm playing on my own
I survived


Hey
I wanted everything I never had
Like the love that comes with light
I wore envy and I hated that
But I survived

The supremely talented Sia is back with a new album called This Is Acting, due to be released in just a few days.  The record is her 7th studio album in almost nineteen years and follows her moderately successful 2014 album 1000 Forms of Fear.  This marvelous tune is the album's first single, and it was originally written for Adele's 25 (The Brit phenom is given songwriting credit on the song), but was rejected at the last moment.  Rihanna also is reported to have rejected the tune, but luckily this talented Aussie can belt one out all by her lonesome.  Check out the upliftingly beautiful Alive...  



No comments:

Post a Comment