Monday, January 11, 2016

Song of the Day - Shadows of the Night - Pat Benatar

We're running with the shadows of the night
So baby take my hand, it'll be alright
Surrender all your dreams to me tonight
They'll come true in the end...


I saw a post yesterday on Facebook, quite accidentally, of someone wishing Pat Benatar a happy 63rd birthday.  (I can't believe she's 63!)  Well, I couldn't help but want to post a song for the occasion, even if it's a day late.  Then I got to thinking, Pat Benatar, a Long Island girl, deserves a very special honor, and so we'll be posting a whole week's worth of posts of Pat Benatar songs to light up your week.

If you were around in the late 70's/early 80's and beyond, you have to have at least one or two or even several of Pat Benatar tunes in the soundtrack of your life.  I know I do.  Though she hasn't charted a single since 1986's All Fired Up, Pat had amassed 15 Top 40 hits prior to that, with 4 of them hitting the top ten.  Here was her debut single from 1983's Get Nervous album.  It's one of her most memorable tunes and has been covered many times since.  Relive and enjoy the sweetness of Shadows of the Night...  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment