Sunday, May 8, 2016

Song of the Day - Loves Me Like a Rock - Paul Simon


When I was a little boy
And the Devil would call my name

I'd say "now who do

Who do you think you're fooling?"
I'm a consecrated boy
Singer in a Sunday choir



My mama loves, she loves me
She gets down on her knees and hugs me

She loves me like a rock

She rocks me like the rock of ages
And she loves me
She loves me, loves me, loves me, loves me

Every year, on this day, I always have trouble finding just the right song to post.  Usually I peruse my own music collection first, then invariably do a Google search for some ideas.  I mean, the song has to be special, right?  A mother is one of the most pivotal people in anyone's life, the one who had you, the one who takes care of you, the one person who loves unconditionally, and is proud of you no matter what.  Lo and behold I found a song I never would have associated with Mother's Day, but was listed on one of those holiday song lists on the Internet, and it's perfect.  So check out the classic Loves Me Like a Rock, by Paul Simon, and go out and give your mama some love.  Happy Mother's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment