Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Love the 90's Month Song of the Day - Praise You - Fatboy Slim

We've come a long long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you baby
I have to praise you like I should...


We remain in the year 1999 today with a song that I remember thinking was Paul Simon singing when I first heard it.  Well of course it wasn't, as British deejay/musicican/producer Fatboy Slim had mastered the art of sampling and he took a vocal by female Camille Yarbrough on a tune called Take Yo Praise and mixed it with a piano riff from another tune called Balance and Rehearsal and some other little snippets of songs to create this wonderful piece of music called Praise You.  And as if the song weren't cool enough, throw in this entertaining video of a group of average Joes and Janes performing an impromptu choreographed dance to the song at the entrance to a movie theater in California.  Check out Fatboy Slim's Praise You...



No comments:

Post a Comment