Saturday, August 6, 2016

I Love the 90's Month Song of the Day - My Love Is Your Love (Remix) - Whitney Houston

If tomorrow is Judgement Day
And I'm standing on the front lines
And the Lord asked me what I did with my life
I will say, I spent it with you


Towards the end of the 1990's, Whitney Houston had one of the most popular albums of her career, worldwide.  It had been only her fourth studio album of her career and her first in eight years, and it produced several hits, including It's Not Right, But It's Okay, Heartbreak Hotel, I Learned From the Best, and this one, my all time favorite Whitney Houston song.   There are actually two fantastic versions of My Love Is Your Love, a reggae-tinged ballad and a glossy dance remix, and I love both of them.  Co-written by Fugees veteran Wyclef Jean, who also produced the ballad version, the lyrics of this song profess complete unconditional love and are beautifully written.  Since it is summer and a Saturday to boot, I chose the dance remix, to which unfortunately there is no video.  That's okay, though!  Just hit play and enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment