Monday, October 3, 2016

Song of the Day - I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston


Share my life
Take me for what I am
'Cause I'll never change
All my colors for you

Take my love
I'll never ask for too much
Just all that you are
And everything that you do

Image result for i have nothing whitney houston


I don't really need to look

Very much further
I don't want to have to go
Where you don't follow
I will hold it back again
This passion inside
Can't run from myself
There's nowhere to hide

I hit a couple of bars here in Philly last night, and one in particular is a very popular place.  Tavern on Camac is a very cool hotspot containing three floors of entertainment.  Down in the basement is a lounge for some relaxing and quiet conversation, the main floor s a piano bar, and the upstairs is an all-out dance club.  Being it was Sunday night, I didn't expect it to be crowded.  Sure the piano bar had people in it, but not as many as on a Saturday night.  After a few minutes, I decided to check out what was going on upstairs.

Don't make me close one more door

I don't want to hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there
Don't walk away from me
I have nothing, nothing, nothing
If I don't have you, you, you, you, you

I headed up and already from the stairs I could hear a lot of activity.  I opened the door and, voila! This was where all of the people were.  I smiled, thinking that it was going to be a unexpectedly fun night of dancing.  I was wrong!  Turns out, it must've been torch song night.  When I had first walked in, some Spanish language ballad had been playing and everyone on the packed dance floor had just been standing around watching the video on the big screen above.  Then this came on.

Now, I have to preface this by saying that most of the clientele packing the place hadn't even been born yet when this song came out.  Yet they all knew not only every word, but every breath, every syllable.  I couldn't, lol,  As Whitney got to the chorus...Oh My God....40-50 or so twenty-something queens belting it out!  I was amused, and so today's song.  Once that had ended, Idina Menzel's Let It Go came on and that was it for me.  You all know, I'm more of a dance kind of guy anyway...




No comments:

Post a Comment