Friday, March 18, 2016

New Wave Month Song of the Day - Dance This Mess Around - B-52's

Remember.
When you held my hand
Remember, when you were my man...


...Walk, talk, in the name of love
Before you break, my heart
Dancin' over
Roll it over in your mind...

At the time, there was no other sound like theirs, and I personally credit the B-52's for seguing the whole music scene from disco and punk into the new wave movement.  The lyrics, the vocals, the guitars, and the hair!  The B-52's have put their own unique spin on the American music catalog and there's never been any band quite like them since.

Why don't you dance with me,

I'm not no Limburger

I'm not no Limburger

Just a Limburger, Just a Limburger


Limburger?  Really?  Really!  These were the kinds of lyrics that put the B-52's so far out there from anyone else.  The lyrics may be nonsensical, but they've always been undeniably fun, even today. The song is as vintage as the clip, and there's even a little nod to the Supremes in the first verse, which to me is hella cool.  So with the weekend now upon us, it;s totally time to Dance This Mess Around... Enjoy!





If you are a bona fide B-52's fan like I am, then you're going to love the video at this link! It's a vintage clip of a performance at the Downtown Cafe in Atlanta, Georgia in 1978, before their master debut was even released.

No comments:

Post a Comment