Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Song of the Day - Rebel Heart - Madonna

I live my life like a masochist
Hearing my father say "told you so, told you so"

Why can't you be like the other girls
I said, oh no, that's not me
And I don't think that it'll ever be



Thought I belonged to a different tribe
Walking alone, never satisfied, satisfied
Tried to fit in, but it wasn't me
I said, oh no, I want it more
That's not what I'm looking for

Madonna Mania has begun once again!  After what has seemed like eons since the first tracks from Rebel Heart came out, Madonna fans who have been waiting patiently for the start of the tour, will finally get their chance to check out the icon's newest show.  Last night the Rebel Heart Tour officially opened in Montreal, and though there's been little reported about it as of the time of this writing, I am sure it was spectacular!  Madonna shows always are!  I will get the chance to see it for myself in just six short days at Madison Square Garden in New York and I can't wait.  

So I took the road-less traveled by
And I barely made it out alive
Through the darkness somehow I survived
Tough love, I knew it from the start
Deep down in the depth of my rebel heart

BreatheHeavy posted a possible setlist just a couple of days ago and it looks like Madge'll be dipping into the old, sprinkled in with the new on this go around, reviving such classics as Dress You Up, La Isla Bonita, Music, Holiday and more!  For the entire published setlist, click here.  In the meantime back to our Song of the Day...

I’ve spent some time as a narcissist
Hearing the others say “Look at you, look at you!”
Trying to be so provocative
I said “Oh yeah, that was me!”
All of the things I did, just to be seen

The title track to Rebel Heart exemplifies why Madonna was named by Rolling Stone as one of the top 100 songwriters of all time.   It's an autobiographical look at the singer's life, describing the very person I and so many others have been awed by over these past 30+ years, and it's a pretty damned good song, to boot!  The acoustic version, if you can find it, is simply da bomb!  Check out Rebel Heart...

Outgrown my past and I've shed my skin
Letting it go and I'll start again, start again
Never look back, it's a waste of time
I said, 'Oh yeah, this is me
And I'm right here where I wanna be'
I said, 'Hell yeah, this is me
Right where I'm supposed to be'





No comments:

Post a Comment