Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Song of the Day - Runaway - Janet Jackson



I spent a good part of yesterday with my friend Sonny, who is a big Janet fan. Since we were in the car for awhile, and since we were talking about Janet's new album and tour (which we're both going to!), I decided to put on Miss Janet.  Admittedly, I have not listened to her in a very, very long time. Even more recently I kinda sorta dissed her new song and video, No Sleep (It is growing on me!). 

Well, I spent a lot of time in the car even after Sonny and I parted ways and I spent the time listening to songs and snippets from her entire catalog and I lived through some pretty decent memories, too! Aw, singing along to songs like Nasty, Black Cat, Someone to Call My Lover, and all the others was pure joy!  But this one, oh this one...Runaway is one of my favorite Janet happy tunes.  Janet has always had many different styles, down n dirty, sexy, soft, R&B, jazz, rock, but these types of pure sunshine in a song are amongst my favorite (Together Again, All for You, etc.).  

In this one, recorded especially for her 1995 Design of a Decade set (It was originally supposed to be recorded with brother Michael, but he preferred to do Scream instead!), Janet takes us on a relaxing, exotic, and exhilarating trip around the world.  Awesomeness!



No comments:

Post a Comment