Saturday, July 25, 2015

Janet's New Video for "No Sleep"...Nothing New


On Friday, Janet Jackson completed the first part of her much talked about comeback with the video for the new album's debut single, No Sleep.  Like the song, the video is nothing special, and very reminiscent of her classic That's the Way (Love Goes),  Not to say that I hate it...on the contrary, the song is starting to grow on me, and the video is pleasing enough.  The tune's got that classic Janet, head-bopping groove that we've all come to know and love, and the video is great if you like looking at Ms. Janet's beautiful face flitting around a very cool apartment.  But that's about it, except for an appearance by J. Cole, who ads a little rap interlude into the groovy mix.  To me, however, this is all nothing new, and I would think that a big comeback such as this one should herald in something fresh.  What do you think?  I'll let you decide for yourself...   



No comments:

Post a Comment