Friday, June 19, 2015

Madge's Star-Studded Video for "Bitch I'm Madonna"...Meh!


Have you seen Madonna's new video for Bitch I'm Madonna, yet?  Well the vid for the third single off Rebel Heart dropped with great fanfare earlier this week and reviews are decidedly mixed.  First of all, as I said earlier, this tune is not my favorite track off of the album, though I don't hate it either...  

This one's similar in scope to the MDNA track, I Don't Give a F***, which also featured Minaj, and is even more frenzied than their prior collaboration. Bitch I'm Madonna is a lighthearted and fun track, and it sounds like they all had a good time making it. It's not my favorite of the new tracks, but it does remain in the brain for awhile after a listen and it does have a great hook, too!

Much of the fanfare the video received was its star-studded guest cameos, including the likes of Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Chris Rock, Diplo, Rita Ora, Alexander Wang, sons Rocco and David, and of course guest vocalist on the song Nicki Minaj.  The scene is as frenzied as the song, a wild frenzied party in a high rise building, with bathing Asian beauties, scantily clad hunks, breakdancing and shot taking...and, and...ah well, check it out for yourself.  As for me, meh! It was fun watching it once...



No comments:

Post a Comment