Monday, January 26, 2015

Song of the Day - Landslide - Fleetwood Mac

I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow-covered hills
Till the landslide brought me down


Oh mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Better late than never, ay?  Today's Song of the Day is very late, due to unforseen circumstances and partially because of Fleetwood Mac themselves, but I couldn't miss a day.  Besides, this is a very special song, not only because it is beautifully written, but because it takes me to a point in my life, just like Stevie when she wrote it, of a harsh realization that would change my life forever... 

Well I've been afraid of changing
Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
And I'm getting older, too



I take my love, and I take it down
I climb a mountain and I turn around
And if you see my reflection in a snow-covered hill
Will the landslide bring you down?

No comments:

Post a Comment