Friday, January 30, 2015

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Bring Me Edelweiss - Edelweiss


Today's Song of the Day is one which I had completely forgotten about until the other day, when my friend Kyle unexpectedly uttered the word 'edelweiss' during a phone conversation.  He was trying to help a friend of his answer some sort of trivia question, and when he said the word my mind immediately traversed all the way back to 1988 and this song.  Oh the memories!  

I absolutely loved this one, which is a frenzied dance tune in the same vein as Art of Noise, if you remember them, with yodeling and all sorts of accompanying sound effects set to a dancey beat. What also made it so pleasant was that it took the melody from ABBA's S.O.S. in the song's tag...so if you really love me you should bring me edelweiss.   It was somewhat of a hit here in the States for this Austrian band, hitting the #7 spot on the Dance Charts and it sure was a hit in John's World back in the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment