Friday, January 23, 2015

Pink's You + Me Project - Meh!




Okay, I know that this is somewhat blasphemous (?) of me to say, but I just listened to P!nk's latest entire project, You + Me, and now I'm looking for a bridge to jump off of. I can't help but ask why?

feeling confused.


That was a status I posted on Facebook just the other day. About a week ago, I finally obtained the entirety of P!nk's latest effort, a project with Canadian folk singer Dallas Green called You + Me, and I finally had a chance to listen to it. The album is called Rose Ave., and I just got to it now because probably like most P!nk fans, I didn't think it was as exciting as a follow-up to The Truth About Love would have been...and I was right.

I posted the debut single, You + Me, back in September upon its release, and though news of the tune and the project left me less than enthusiastic, I gave it a try and I liked it. I didn't love it, but it did grow on me after a few listens. Next came the follow-up single, Break the Cycle, which had the same style as the first. Not bad! Still, I never downloaded the album. I must've known something.

Finally the other day, my pal Sean let me download his copy of the whole record onto my iPod and a couple of days after, I took a listen...and hated it! My interest had been piqued when had told me that one of his favorite tunes off the project was a remake of Sade's No Ordinary Love, but I was less than impressed. Being the faithful P!nk fan that I am, I trudged through the long trek to work listening to the entire thing and yeah, it did make me want to jump off a bridge. Most of the songs had the same, slow, depressing sound and I'll probably never listen to it again.

So to P!nk, I apologize for saying all of this, because I do love you and I think that you are one of, if not the most talented singer/songwriter out there today, but I must. The Truth About Love was...is one of my favorite albums of all time, and this one...eh! Still can't wait for the next one, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment