Monday, April 16, 2018

New Music Fridays, April 13th, 2018


I'm back from Europe and all ready to go.  I'm sorry that I missed two weeks of new music tracks, but I did manage to check some stuff out which I will hopefully be sharing on Song of the Day posts in the days and weeks ahead.  I the meantime, we've got five new songs to get through...all good stuff:

Barbie Tingz - Nicki Minaj

It's been about three and a half years since Nicki Minaj released a studio album, and for all of you Nicki fans out there, your long wait is over.  On Thursday, Minaj released two new tracks from an upcoming fourth studio album, Chun-Li and Barbie Tingz.  Both songs are old school Nicki and should definitely bring some excitement back to fans who may have strayed in Nicki's solo magnificence.  Of the two, I prefer Barbie Tingz, so check it out...


Sky Full of Song - Florence + The Machine

In another pleasant return, Florence + The Machine is back with a vintage ballad replete with strings, piano and Flo.  Great stuff!  Check out Sky Full of Song...  


That's It (I'm Crazy) - Sofi Tukker

Sofi Tukker's debut album, Treehouse, is out and the newest single to pop the charts is yet another fast and funky jam which hearkens back to Wild Cherry.  Check out That's It (I'm Crazy)...


Good Thing - Kideko

Dance artist Kideko is out with a brand new cut of discoey goodness for Ministry of Sound.  With a funky backbeat and some hot vocals, this one'll be on my playlist for some time to come.  Check out Good Thing...   


Pynk - Janelle Monae, feat. Grimes

Janelle Monae's newest single from her forthcoming album, Dirty Computer, is a multi-dimensional collaboration with singer Grimes.  The tune begins slowly and deliberately, with a nice, steady bet, then opens up with a lil bit of funk on the chorus.  I'd consider the song a ballad, but it is one heck of a ballad!  Check out Pynk... 


Well, there you have it, my top five picks for new music tracks of the week.  Stay tuned for more in the weeks ahead and in the meantime, also check out this week's honorable mentions...

Miracle - Chvrches
Let Me - Zayn
Better Not - Louis the Child, feat. Wafia
Desperate - REMMI

No comments:

Post a Comment