Sunday, April 22, 2018

New Music Fridays, April 20th, 2018


Hello and welcome back to New Music Fridays.  It felt like I was swiping away a lot of the  new songs that were released this week and that I would have nothing to share with you all, but of course even amongst the vast emptiness of bad music come a few gems.  There were so few songs I bookmarked this week, I could only really find four that I could really sink my teeth into.  So, for what it's worth, here goes...

No Tears Left to Cry - Ariana Grande

The biggest new music story of the week is the return of Ariana Grande.  No Tears Left to Cry is the singer's first single since the tragic bombing at her concert n Manchester last year and is an ear-pleasing and reflective pop/dance tune that is already a smash.  Check it out right here...


Familiar - Liam Payne, J. Balvin

Other than Harry Styles, I would say that I enjoy Liam Payne's solo stuff second best to any of the One Direction boys.  Familiar is yet another quality, catchy pop/dance tune by Payne, much in the same style as his hits Get Low and Strip That Down.  Check out Familiar...


Bad Dreams - Pete Yorn, Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett Johansson reunites with singer Pete Yorn for a brand new EP, Apart, due out in June.  Like their previous 2009 collaboration, Bad Dreams is a great, quality pop song.  Check it out...



Controller - Channel Tres

One of my top picks this weeks comes from an artist I'd never heard of before.  Channel Tres is a Compton-based rapper and producer and he's just released a hypnotic, bass-heavy, dance rap house production that had me moving the first time I heard it.  Check out Controller...

No comments:

Post a Comment