Saturday, April 21, 2018

Song of the Day - Wake Me Up - Avicii, feat. Aloe Blacc

Image result for avicii

I first heard the news on Madonna's Instagram feed of all places.  Beneath a picture of the singer, who I didn't recognize at first, and Madonna read the caption, 

So sad...so tragic.  Goodbye Dear Sweet Tim. Gone too soon. #avicii

Like any other fan of popular and dance music, I was stunned.  I immediately headed to Twitter to verify the news and sure enough, Tim Bergling, otherwise known as superstar deejay and producer, Avicii, had been found dead in Oman.  He was only 28 years old.

Anyone who follows this blog on a regular basis knows that I am a big fan of Avicii and his music.  I've posted him at least a dozen times or so and have spent countless hours listening to his music, especially his breakthrough debut album, True.  He put his own great spins on tunes for Madonna, Coldplay, Flo Rida, and many many more and he will surely be missed in the dance music world.  

Avicii was such an important force in music that I don't think that one day's tribute is enough.  Thus I hereby declare the coming week in his honor.  First up is his first, and one of his biggest, hits.  It's a dance song with country inspired sounds and a wonderful set of lyrics masterfully sung by the soulful and melancholic voice of singer Aloe Blacc.  Here's Wake Me Up... 

No comments:

Post a Comment