Monday, April 30, 2018

New Music Fridays, April 27th, 2018 - Hot Stuff!

This is the kind of week in new music that I love!  I bookmarked so many new tracks this week, it was hard to narrow the field down to just five.  The best part is, no big names.  All of the tracks listed here are by obscure (at least to me) artists, or newer ones who've just fallen under my radar recently.  Check out this week's picks:

Believer - Cyn

Katy Perry signed artist Cyn, who made an appearance on last year's Top 50 Dance Tracks of 2017, is back with an easy breezy dance pop tune that's pretty damned hpnotic.  Check out Believer...


Too Many Colors - Twin Shadow

L.A.-based Dominican-American artist returns to the spotlight with his first effort since 2015's Eclipse.  Though I hadn't come across him until this song from his new record, Caer, I am digging his sound.  This upbeat one gets immediate likability for its' upbeat rhythms that kinda sorta remind me of something out of the 70's.  Love Is In the Air perhaps?  Check out Too Many Colors...


Got You - Michael Calfan

The award for this week's best dance jam goes to EDM artist Michael Calfan, who drops this tasty little dance floor gem.  Check out the fast n funky Got You...


I Can't Hold On - GTA, Anna Lunce, Dillon Francis. Wax Motif

It feels like it's been a long time since we've had some new juicy dance beats to grab on to, but here's a second, hot house jam, this time from the likes of Miami-based duo GTA, with a little help from their friends.  Check out I Can't Hold On...


Can I Get Your Number - Anne-Marie

British singer Ann-Marie released her debut album, Speak Your Mind, this week.  Now she's been on my radar for sometime now, providing guest vocals on Clean Bandit's Rockabye Baby, Marshmello's Friends, and even her own Then.  Well needless to say I love her sound and this song is pure pop joy.  Check out Can I Get Your Number...


Since I had mentioned bookmarking so many new tracks, of course there several honorable mentions you should all check out if you have the chance.  You won't be disappointed!

Still Want U - Zhu, Karnaval Blues
I Got the Juice - Janelle Monàe, Pharrell Williams
I Am Free - Cosmos & Creature
California - Hot Shade, Mike Perry, Karlyn
Melody - Lost Frequencies, James Blunt
Over & Over - Jack White
Keisha Complexion - Shea Diamond
Ocean - Alok, Zeeba, IRO
Roll (Burbank Funk) - The Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment