Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Best of 2017 Song of the Day - Best Friend - Sofi Tukker, feat. NERVO, The Knocks, Alisa Ueno

Image result for best friend sofi tucker

I've been working on my lists for best dance song, pop songs and albums from 2017 and so I'll be featuring a few in this week's Song of the Day posts.  Here's an artist that has had a very big 2017.  I remember first discovering and posting their song Johny back in January.  I thought it was very different, very avante garde retro Euro.  I didn't think much more about the New York-based duo until the summer, when I first came across their hi-energy, fast and frenzied F**k They.  I became a bona fide fan.

The duo's next single was yet another funky, high energy track that became very-well known for its spot in the commercial for Apple's new iPhone x.  For me, it's one of the best dance hits of the year.  Check out Best Friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment