Sunday, May 31, 2015

Song of the Day - Dreams - Deep Dish/Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac

Me, Eddie and Dita in Nashville last year

Today's song comes as a special request and I am only too happy to oblige.  For reasons which I'll explain later on John's World, I've had a very special house guest over the weekend.  I like to say that Eddie is our fourth, though history-wise, he'll argue that he is our second.  Most of you know a lot about my two besties Dita and Blanche from many of my posts on here.  Well, Eddie, or Rose, would be mentioned much more here as well if he lived in New York, but alas he lives about 1,300 miles away in Florida, so it's only about once or twice a year that any of us get to see him.

Out of the four of us,, Eddie and I are the two music men of the group.  That is, we're the two for whom music is a really big part of our lives, and we've shared many a conversation on the best of the newest music to come out at any given time.  As Madonna is my muse, Stevie Nicks is Eddie's.  For as long as I know him, Eddie has always been THE Stevie Nicks aficionado, able to share the latest news and goings on in her world.  As people think of me when they hear anything Madonna, so it is with Eddie and Stevie.  

Upon going to bed last night, I had mentioned getting up early to post my Song of the Day, Eddie requested that I post something Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac.  Now I am a fan of both, but I mentioned aloud that I'd been doing this Summer Jams theme on John's Music World, and I wasn't sure if any of their tunes would fit the theme, but then I thought of this one.  The Deep Dish version of Mac's classic Dreams is a great interpretation of the original and a dance floor classic into and of itself, and thus today's choice.  If you don't know it, click play and check it out.  It works really well! And as for Eddie, enjoy my friend...     



No comments:

Post a Comment