Monday, September 10, 2018

Song of the Day - Love to Love You Baby - Donna Summer


Anyone who knows me personally from social media would most definitely have guessed that they'd be hearing a Donna Summer song in today's Song of the Day.  That's because my mom and I went into New York City yesterday to see Summer: The Musical.  Though the show itself left something to be desired, the music was what made it all worthwhile.  

I was always a big fan of Donna Summer and followed her throughout the years and I especially loved her music after her reluctant "Queen of Disco" period.  Alas, without the disco, though, she might never have made it as far as she did.  You may very well see more Donna Summer here this week, but for today here's the song that figured prominently in the musical and it was the one that got it all started for her.  Check out a vintage performance of the sexy Love to Love You Baby...  



No comments:

Post a Comment