Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Song of the Day - I'll Remember - Madonna




It was just recently that I had to be reminded about today.  Not that I forgot, mind you, but I just met a person for whom this day, 17 years ago now, holds a special place in his soul.  Listening to him talk about it reminded me of how I felt that day, and how passionate I was about it in the years that followed.  But as with most things, with time the memories, and the rawness, faded, and this is something that I need to keep alive in my mind somehow, some way.  Never forget!

The kids in my school are among the first generations of people to not have even been born when it happened and I need to remind them today, to talk about it, to make them know what happened on that terrible day in my city.  I'm pretty sure I'm just going to talk about it from my own point of view.  I still remember that day vividly, where I was when it all unfolded, how I personally dealt with the aftermath.  So I take a moment here to remember and never forget the horrible events of September 11th, 2001 with a song...


Here are a few pieces I've written about the day over the years.  I found that reading them really brought it back to life for me and I hope it will for you too.  Please check out one or two of them:
     
Remembering 9/11

How September 11th Impacted My Life

A 9/11 Song of the Day, With Commentary

Working to Remember and Never Forget

No comments:

Post a Comment