Tuesday, June 5, 2018

New Music Fridays, June 1st, 2018


Being that I'm so late with this week's New Music Fridays (Time constraints and pc issues! Grrr!!!!), I'm only going to share a couple of songs that struck me this past week and you can check out the honorable mentions below for more.  So here we go...

Dad Hair - Sofi Tukker X Ricky Reed Remix

Just in time for Pride Month comes this sexually charged 'love song' between a dad and his son.  Warning: not for the uptight or feeble-minded.  Here's Dad Hair...


2002 - Anne-Marie

I have been digging this British singer Anne-Marie, and she's just come up with a beautiful acoustic ballad co-written by none other than Ed Sheeran.  Check out 2002...


I'm Upset - Drake

I've never been a huge fan of Drake, but every once in awhile he puts out something that I can really dig.  This one's got the Canadian rapper/R&B singer well, upset, and though it's getting mixed reviews from critics, I like it because it reminds me of an old school rap song.  Check out I'm Upset on Spotify.

Honorable Mentions:

5 In the Morning - Charli XCX
Girls Just Like You - Maroon 5, Cardi B
Spread Love (Paddington) - Boston Bun, DVNO
Sad & Bored - bulow, Duckwrth
Humility - Gorillaz, George Benson
sex money feelings die - Lykke Li
Lost My Mind - Lily Allen
Iguana Bird - Pete Yorn, Scarlett Johansson
How You've Been - R3HAB, Quinn Lewis
Gravity - MNDR
a.t.w. (against the wall) - Ben Khan



No comments:

Post a Comment