Friday, November 27, 2015

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Right on Track - The Breakfast Club


Now here's a cool Flashback Friday post for you. I had completely forgotten about this tune until yesterday. After Thanksgiving dinner, we were all sitting around listening to snippets of old songs on mine and my sister's collections and I had passed through a Madonna song when my other sister mentioned that she was once in a group before she became famous, but she couldn't remember the name of the group.  Well, it's amazing how much information gets stored in your brain, because I immediately knew what she was talking about.  There was this group called The Breakfast Club, and they are really only known for these two thingss: one, that they had this one hit song (see below!) in 1987, and two, that Madonna played drums for them early on in her career.

Anyway, like I said, the brain can store so much information that when I found and played the song on YouTube, I remembered all of the lyrics like I had just heard it last week or something.  It was a great 80's-style dance tune and it was good enough that I'm on my way now to iTunes to download it. So if you were around in 87 and you think you may have heard this, you need to check it out...



No comments:

Post a Comment