Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Ten Albums That Changed My Life - #3 - The Truth About Love - P!nk

The truth about love comes at 3am
You wake up fucked up and you grab a pen
And you say to yourself
I'm gonna figure it out, I'm gonna crack that code
Gonna break it break it down
I'm tired of all these questions
And, now it's just annoying
'Cause, no one has the answer
So I guess it's up to me to find the truth about love is

The Truth About Love (Pink album) - Wikipedia

This one is probably the most recently released album on my list. It catapulted P!nk to the level status of Madonna in my eyes and she's remained there ever since.  The Truth About Love, to me, was the perfect album from start to finish.  

It's funny, but Blow Me One Last Kiss, the album's first single released ahead of the project, was, and still isn't, my favorite song, but that didn't stop me from buying the record when it came out a couple of months later.  I had really started to like P!nk with her previous Funhouse, and so I was excited for this one to be released.  And once I bought it, that was all I played. 

In all, between iTunes bonus tracks and separate Target bonus tracks, there were 17 songs in all on The Truth About Love, and I loved every last one of them.  From hard rocking, in your face tracks like How Come You're Not Here, Slut Like You,  and Timebomb to the heartfelt and beautifully written ballads The Great Escape and Beam Me Up to the seriously serious Try, Where Did the Beat Go and Chaos and Piss, the ever so sweet Just Give Me a Reason and the irresistibly catchy title cut, there's something here for everybody.  I seriously thought she was a shoo-in for the Record of the Year Grammy, but eh, so she didn't get it.   

There was one track in particular on this record that I especially loved, and virtually anyone who knows me will forever associate it with moi.  That is the album's fifth track and sixth single, True Love.  Just scroll down a bit and you'll see just how much I loved this one.  Oh, I haven't posted this in such a long time, so you're in for a treat here...  


No comments:

Post a Comment