Saturday, April 4, 2020

Song of the Day - Lean On Me - Bill Withers

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow
But, if we are wise
We know that there's,
always tomorrow

Lean On Me,' 'Lovely Day' Singer Bill Withers Dies at 81 - KTVN ...

Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For, it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

By now,, most people have heard about the passing of singer Bill Withers yesterday at the age of 81, so what other song to post today than this one?  Lean On Me is surely his most iconic song, though he had other hits, and it so fits our world, especially today.  I was only 8 years old when this came out and I remember getting goosebumps when I heard it even then, and it still does.  

There are so many people out there who we are all leaning on these days, just to get through this crisis.  We should all be grateful for that.  Without them, life could be a lot worse than it already seems.

Virtually anyone in the medical field...nurses, doctors, EMT's, and even medical clerical staff are all on the front lines of this war against an invisible enemy.  

We lean on them.  

The grocery store, box store and pharmaceutical workers, mail carriers and utility workers, and even restaurant staff who still come to work so we can at least get a meal takeout, risk their own well-being to serve us.  

We lean on them.  

And of course, there are people out there offering whatever help they can give to those in need, neighbors, the elderly, friends and family.  They offer to buy groceries from a trip to the supermarket, cook a homemade meal, provide some company, an ear.  Playing the part of Mr. Withers and offering support to others.  

We lean on them, too!  

The song gives me goosebumps and so do these heroes of today.  In the spirit of this song of humanity and all of these wonderful people, I'd like to offer whatever I can to help you.  So please, if you know me personally, or even if you don't, and if there's anything I can do to help you, I'm telling you to lean on me.

Here's Bill Withers:


No comments:

Post a Comment