Sunday, May 6, 2018

Song of the Day - Sunshine (The Knocks Remix) - Powers

Sunshine is gonna come now, rain down
All over you
Good times are gonna come now, look 'round
Baby it's true
Sunshine is gonna come now, rain down
All over you
Good times are gonna come now, look 'round
Baby it's true

Image result for sunshine

Nine years today.  As they say, time has a way of making hurt go away, and the pain felt in my family in these nine years since my dad passed away has surely dissipated.  That doesn't mean we haven't forgotten, though.  The void that has existed in my family since his passing still exists, and we live with it.  We have to.

Solemn anniversaries such as this give us time to pause and to remember, and reflect, which is something my brother and sisters and my mom will all be doing today.  Remembering my dad's life, all of the good times and the bad, too.  I love to listen to the types of ethereal and inspirational songs in times like these.  They help me to reflect in a clearer way.  I'm not so sure if my dad had such sunshiney days as the ones promised in the Powers' song, but I hope the sunshine he did experience in his life was realized.  Happy 9th Anniversary in Heaven dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment