Monday, January 15, 2018

New Music Fridays, January 12th, 2018 - Five Hot New Tracks


In all the months I've been writing this column, I don't think I've ever bookmarked less songs than I did this past Friday.  That's not to say that I couldn't find five nice new music tracks to get excited about.  Check out this week's offerings...

My My My! - Troye Sivan

Aussie Troye Sivan has been working on the follow-up to his stellar debut Blue Neighborhood, and he has just released the first track and video from it.  The song is called My My My! and it's much closer to the dancey sound of his recent appearance on Martin Garrix's There For You than any of the tunes on the first album.  The new sound is nice, but I am hoping he'll stick to at least some of what made him so great in the first place, namely songs that showcase his deep, rich voice.  Check out the sexually charged video for My My My!


Spotlight - Marshmello, Lil Peep

Superstar deejay/producer Marshmello has come out with one of the most talked about new EDM tunes this week.  The steady, hypnotic track features the late Lil Peep, who passed away from a drug overdose just this past November.  According to Billboard, the artist was hesitant to put out the song, which he worked on with the rapper just a few weeks before his death, but Peep's mother convinced him to do so and the results are well, check it out...


The Champion - Carrie Underwood, Ludacris

One of the week's most pleasant surprises comes from an unlikely source.  On Friday, country music star and former American Idol winner Carrie Underwood unveiled a new song especially created for Super Bowl LII, which takes place on Sunday, February 4th.  The song is oh so catchy and features a surprisingly nice guest vocal from rapper Ludacris.  One of my favorite tunes of the week.  Check out The Champion...


Curious - Hayley Kiyoko

Singer/songwriter/actress Hayley Kiyoko just dropped a song from her upcoming album, Expectations, and it's is catchy and very pop-oriented.  In fact, I loved it on the very first listen, which says a lot.  I can definitely see this one becoming a hit.  Check out Curious...


Alright - Mike Yung

New York City subway soul singer and America's Got Talent semifinalist has put out a classic soul song that I wish I could find somewhere on the Internet.  This track is the ultimate in soulful inspiration and goes right up there immediately with classics from Sam Cooke, The Righteous Brothers and more.  If you love inspirational music, then go out and find this one!  

Stay tuned for more New Music Fridays next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment