Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Music Fridays, December 29th, 2017 - A Hot Last Week of New Music for 2017


It's been a very busy week for me with my Top 50 Pop Tunes of 2017 and I did not get to this week's new music until late, but as they say, better late than never.  Of course, there's a plethora of great new stuff this week, and if I'd had more time, I'd highlight more than just five, but alas, I don't so here's the week's hottest new music tracks...

Just a Kid - Two Friends, feat. Kevin Writer

Newish pop/dance duo Two Friends, consisting of Matt Halper and Eli Sones, have released a happy, fun song that I immediately liked just from the first thirty seconds or so.  Though I've never heard of these guys before, I did check out some pieces on the track, on edmsauce and Dancing Astronaut, and not only is the song likable, so is the story behind it.  Check out Just a Kid...


Happy When (Miko Waye Remix) - Caitlyn Scarlet, Miko Waye


Indie-pop star Caitlyn Scarlett, unveils an exclusive remix of new track ‘Happy When’ by rising Afrowave/dancehall producer Miko Waye. Taken from her forthcoming EP ‘Red Tape, Vol. 2’ due 2018, Miko Waye adds his own distinctive flavour to ‘Happy When’, infusing well structured percussions and uplifting kalimbas, showcasing the Berlin native’s African heritage that perfectly supports Caitlyn’s emotional vocal performance.

I could not have said it any better myself.  Nice tune!  Check out Happy When...


Other Side of Love - Kokiri, Parx

Here's a nice, high energy dance/house tune I could sinking my dancing feet into.  I haven't heard one like this in awhile, nice vocals with a catchy hook and a thumping dance beat, and all set for the height of the night.  It reminds me of something straight out of the early 90's.  Check out Other Side of Love...  


SWERLK - MNDR, Scissor Sisters, Martin Sharp

After a five-year hiatus, Scissor Sisters have released a hot dance single in conjunction with MNDR, and this remix by Martin Sharp is HOT!  All proceeds from the track are going to the victims of the Orlando Pulse Nightclub tragedy, so check it out...


Sweet Revolution - Poppy

Early on in the life of these New Music Fridays posts, I spotlighted a funky, new-wavey tune by YouTube personality Poppy.  At the time I'd never heard of her, but the song, Interweb, was so 80's and so infectious.  Well, she's back with a much more mainstream tune that very well could hit Top 40 radio.  Check out Sweet Revolution... 


I really hope you check out and enjoy these great new songs.  Take a look at some more honorable mentions below and as always, stay tuned for more New Music Fridays...

Own This Groove - AmPm, Liyv
Feel Good (Blanee Remix) - Felix Jaehn, Mike Williams
Pop! Champagne - Sinclair
Unforgettable - Robin Schulz, Marc Scibilla
Radio Sound - Argonaut & Wasp
All I Wanna Do - DEV, DJ Mike D

No comments:

Post a Comment