Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Song of the Day - Don't Look Back In Anger - Portugal. The Man

Image result for don't look back in anger portugal the man

I'm still not sure exactly what to make of the band Portugal. The Man.  My very first experience with the Portland, Oregon-based alternative band was their very funkdified jam, Feel It Still, though they've been around since 2004.  Ever since hearing that one, I've kept a keen eye on them, hoping for more of the same.  I've seen a couple of new releases from their current album, Woodstock, but nothing's excited me.  That is, until now.  The familiarity of this cover is immediately felt, and the bands newest, an homage to Oasis, is a wonderful addition to their catalog.  I think I'll keep on watching and listening.  In the meantime, check out an acoustic studio version of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger...

No comments:

Post a Comment