Sunday, September 3, 2017

New Music Fridays: September 1st, 2017 - A Great Week in New Music!


Hello and welcome back to John's Music World New Music Fridays.  What a stellar week this is in new music.  I've bookmarked no less than fifteen hot new tracks to my Current playlist and though I won't speak of them all, I will give them mention.  Here we go...

What Lovers Do - Maroon 5, featuring SZA

I've never been a big fan of Adam Levine & Co., but I am sold on this fresh, R&B sound.  The song is sweet and easy on the ears and for me to have downloaded it, you know it's good.  Check it out...


If I'm Lucky - Jason Derulo

I really dig Jason Derulo's sound, whether he's wantin you to want him or he's swalla la la la-ing, he always gets me moving.  This new one is more middle of the road and a little more mid tempo, but funky and very smooth.  Check it out... 


So Am I - Ty Dolla $ign, featuring Damian Marley & Skrillex

Ty Dolla $ign is another artist I never would have imagined having as a lead performer in my playlist, but this reggae twinged track has got me loving him right now.  Take a listen...


Selfish Love - Jessie Ware

This sultry, jazzy song is absolutely, groovingly awesome!   One of my favorite tracks of the week. Check it out...


It all started with  broken heart...

Girls on Boys - Galantis, featuring ROZES

I've been following Swedish production duo Galantis for awhile now, and though most of the stuff I've heard from them has been kinda Euro silly (but fun...remember Peanut Butter Jelly or No Money?), this one is way more mainstream.  With sweet vocals and a really nice backbeat, this one will be in my listening playlist for a long time to come.  Check it out... 


Crybaby - Paloma Faith

Retro singer Paloma Faith has just released a new song from her upcoming fourth studio album, The Architect, and it is downright sweet!  I could definitely see this being a big hit, especially on Adult Contemporary charts.  Take a listen...


Obvious - Eden Prince, Cassie

Finally, a dance tune I can sink my teeth into!  Though this one is somewhat chill, it's got a nice, bass-y dance beat in between the soft vocals.  Though I've never heard of this artist, I am ready to check out some more of his work.  Have a listen to Obvious...


Truly, what a week!  The songs I've shared here are varied in style and genre and they're all great in their own way.  Ah, my Current playlist is getting jammed!  Like I said above, this was not all of the nice new tunes this week, only the best of the best.  Here are some honorable mentions that are also worth a listen:

Broken Machine - Nothing But Thieves
That's All - Mauwe
Staying Up - Matoma, The Vamps
Just Kids - POWERS
Love Is Alive - Louis the Child, feat. Elohim
Lambo - Maria Lynn, Steve Reece
Bad Ones - Matthew Dear, Tegan & Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment