Friday, September 8, 2017

Flashback Friday Song of the Day - Gloria - Laura Branigan

Image result for hurricane gloria

Back on September 25, 1985, Hurricane Gloria struck Long Island, and it's one of those storms those of us from round these parts remember well.  Today, we all watch in awe as Hurricane Irma. the most powerful storm to ever hit anywhere in the Atlantic, heads straight towards Florida.  I've got many friends down there and I hope and pray that they will all weather this monster without much damage, and I am sincerely hoping that Irma doesn't turn this way afterwards, which is a definite possibility. Laura Branigan's Gloria made its second surge on the charts back in September of 1985 due to the potential of that storm of the same name.  All I can say is Irma, please be gentle in Florida and then head out to sea because there's no song called Irma, at least that I know of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment