Sunday, September 3, 2017

Song of the Day - Family Affair - Mary J Blige



Come on everybody get on up
'Cause you know we gots to get it crunk
Mary J. is in the spot tonight
As I'mma make it feel alright (Make it feel alright)

Image result for family affair mary j blige

I finally got to building my Mary J Blige playlist on my Spotify account and man, that was a thre-plus hour trip down memory lane.  Mary and I go back a long way, and I have loved her ever since I first heard those famous voicemail messages set to a funky beat back in 92.  I've had the privilege of seeing her in concert twice, and her catalog is a huge part of the soundtrack of my life.  I've got so many favorite songs of hers, but this one just always gets me up and moving.  Here's Family Affair...


No comments:

Post a Comment