Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Song of the Day - Waterloo - ABBA

Image result for mamma mia the musical patchogue

It all started last April when I was on the school Europe trip in Stockholm, Sweden and noticed a blip on the map that said 'ABBA Museum.'  I insisted on spending some of my free time checking it out and convinced my fellow chaperones to join me.  It was a corny, but fun blast and we had a lot of laughs.  It was one of my fondest memories of the trip.  

Flash forward to July...I noticed that the musical, Mamma Mia was playing at the Patchogue Theater in my hometown, and I suggested that we chaperones get tickets and relive a fun time.  I had seen the play on Broadway twice, but that was a long time ago.  Of course I loved it then and last night I fell in love with the musical all over again.  

If you lived during the 70's, and even a little beyond, you couldn't help but know and love at least a few ABBA tunes.  Beyond the Dancing Queens and the Waterloos, their catalog of cleverly written songs runs deep and the words and music endure in the minds of fans everywhere.  It was hard to decide which song to post today, but I chose the one song that wasn't in the play, but did appear as the finale for a fun mini-concert at the end of the show.  Here's ABBA's first, and one of their best, Waterloo...

No comments:

Post a Comment