Sunday, July 16, 2017

New Music Fridays: July 14th, 2017 - Five Great New Tunes

Related image

Hey and welcome to John's Music World New Music Fridays.  I haven't posted anything non-Song of the Day in awhile and I thought it was about time I got back into some other music business, namely new music.  I often post new tunes in my regular posts, but I don't always get to all of the ones I like. Friday is the global day for new music releases and so I thought I'd start a new weekly post on my favorite new songs, gems that have come under my radar at first listen in the hopes of becoming a regular in my rotation.  I don't always get it right, but there are enough tunes that do end up on my playlist...and Song of the Day.      

So here's our first installment.  Five new tunes that'll hopefully catch your ear as they did mine. Please take note: these posts will almost NEVER be done on a Friday...sorry, but I needs time and I've got a life, too!

In & Out - Beth Ditto

Okay, so I've never heard of Beth Ditto until just this morning when I discovered this awesome, finger-snapping little gem.  Turns out she was the lead singer in a band called Gossip and she just released her very first solo album, from which this song comes.  In & Out has a groovin' retro feel to it, with a background guitar riff set to Ditto's sultry, beautiful voice.  Check it out...


Woman - Ke$ha

One of the biggest news stories to come out of the music world lately is the return of Ke$ha to the music scene.  After releasing a new single, the solemn and tender Praying, just two weeks ago, the beleaguered singer/songwriter returns with a more up tempo, in-your-face female empowerment tune that's more like a hard-driving country, bluesy tune than the dance stuff she's known for, and done very well at that.  And we all know where she's coming from, too.  The woman is talented!  Check out Woman...  


Show Me - John Splithoff, with Madison Ryann Ward

Chicago native John Splithoff is an independent artist who's just released only his third song and I loved it the first time I heard it. It's a happy tune full of nice grooves, smooth vocals and a whole lotta soul.  Check it out...


Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato

Fans of Demi Lovato are going to love this brand new steamy torch song, her first in awhile and it's a definite winner. Check out the singer performing Sorry Not Sorry live... 


Miracles (Someone Special) - Coldplay, with Big Sean

Now I've never been a big Coldplay fan.  I've always found their music kind of depressing, but ever since they worked with The Chainsmokers on Something Just Like This they seem to be a little more upbeat.  Just take this one, an unlikely collaboration with rapper Big Sean.  Check out this brand new ear candy...  


So there you have it, five brand new tunes to check out.  I hope you found these suggestions useful and please stay tuned for more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment