Monday, July 10, 2017

Song of the Day - Malibu - Miley Cyrus

I never came to the beach , or stood by the ocean
I never sat by the shore, under the sun with my feet in the sand
But you brought me here and I'm happy that you did
'Cause now I'm as free as birds catching the wind

Image result for malibu miley cyrus

I always thought I would sink, so I never swam
I never went boatin'; don't get how they're floatin'
And sometimes I get so scared of what I can't understand

But here I am, next to you
The sky's more blue in Malibu
Next to you, in Malibu
Next to you...

Well I'm back from my little adventure in the woods of Pennsylvania, and like most any trip away from home, there are certain songs that will forever remind me of this fun and relaxing time.  I spent a good portion of my weekend laying out by the pool, and that time was accompanied by a great selection of music, which included several recent Songs of the Day.  Miley Cyrus' Malibu was one of those songs, and it was during this weekend that the very essence of this beautiful song gripped me whole.  If you were to ask my friend Sonny what song would remind her of this weekend, I'm pretty sure she'd say that this was the one, too!  Check out Malibu... 



No comments:

Post a Comment