Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Mother's Day Song of the Day - Promise to Try - Madonna

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Happy Mother's Day everyone!  Earlier this week, quite a few of my students reminded me that it was Mother's Day in their countries,  Unlike in the United States, where we tend to move our holidays to weekend days whenever we can, El Dia de las Madres is always on May 10th throughout Central America.  Well, the majority of my students haven't seen their mothers in quite some time, and so this day is always extra special to them.  

I sometimes take for granted that I still have my mom here with me today.  I have several other friends, including my ex, Joe, for whom this day has become a sad one, a time of mourning their mom's who've long since passed.  My mom is 74 years old and as young as a 74 year-old can be.  She works a full time job, which I think helps keep her active and healthy.  

Well I don't get to see my mother that often these days,and just recently she let me know just how she felt about it.  It's a long story, really, but suffice it to say we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things. My relationship with my family, as well as my relationships with my friends, have suffered through this long, long winter of  very little spare time.  

Regardless, my mom is a special person, who did a pretty good job of raising six children practically on her own, and I love her.  So for what it's worth ma, I promise to try and be more visible.  And for all of you other mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day.  Enjoy every moment...



No comments:

Post a Comment