Monday, January 23, 2017

Song of the Day - Heaven - Troye Sivan, with Betty Who

The truth runs wild
Like a tear down a cheek
Trying to save face and daddy heartbreak
I'm lying through my teeth

Image result for heaven troye sivan

This voice inside
Has been eating at me
Trying to replace the love that I fake
With what we both need

Without losing a piece of me
How do I get to Heaven?
Without changing a part of me
How do I get to Heaven?
All my time is wasted
Feeling like my heart's mistaken, oh
So if I'm losing a piece of me
Maybe I don't want Heaven

Young Aussie crooner Troye Sivan has just released a new video for the song Heaven and just like the tune, the video tackles some pretty heavy stuff.  The black and white vid is interspersed with scenes of Sivan embracing a faceless man and scenes from the struggle that LGBT's have been dealing with for years.  The release couldn't have come at a better time, as we here in America are faced with potential new struggles as a new leadership with a track record of anti-LGBT sentiments begins to unfold.  Check out the powerful Heaven...   




No comments:

Post a Comment