Thursday, September 15, 2016

Song of the Day - Talk Me Down - Troye Sivan

I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home with you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow
I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone

Image result for talk me down troye sivan

Over the past several weeks, I have become a bona fide Troye Sivan fan.  I'd been hearing his name here and there for awhile and after seeing him perform Youth on the Billboard Music Awards a couple of months back, my curiosity finally got the best of me and I downloaded his first full length album, Blue Neighborhood...and I'm loving it! The young Aussie has such a rich voice and the songs on the record, mostly on the softer side of things, showcase that richness.

The song Talk Me Down is the third of a trilogy of singles/videos off of the album, and its cleverly crafted themes of homophobia and suicide are compellingly told in the visual depiction of the tune. The song itself is beautiful and melancholic, almost hauntingly sad, as Sivan's tender vocals meld perfectly with the somber orchestral background.  It's one of my favorites off the record and I hope you'll like it, too...  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment